Staff Writer - Total Women's Cycling
Position: Staff Writer
Full-time, permanent role.
Factory Media is seeking a professional and enthusiastic Staff Writer to produce and help manage a stimulating mix of women’s cycling content for Total Women’s Cycling (TWC) based at the London office.
The main purpose of the role is to make sure TWC meets and exceeds its audience targets by ensuring the site is populated with compelling fresh women’s cycling content and by building a strong social media community around the TWC brand.
An interest in women’s cycling and women’s cycling culture is a must, as too is a passion for digital media and desire to build a reputation as a true digital media expert.
- Producing and publishing content on TWC, including video posts, curated lists, sharable social media posts, news, evergreen content as well as some longer written pieces.
- Hunting out videos and content to share on social media, and creating fresh, new video content.
- Working with the Deputy Editor to produce an online content calendar.
- Researching and curating content pieces as necessary.
- Using google analytics and social insights to observe how well content is performing and changing what we do accordingly.
- Posting updates the optimum number of times on Facebook and other networks to a schedule.
- Building and nurturing a community on Facebook by engaging directly with users.
- Running competitions and user promotions as necessary.
- Producing two weekly email newsletters.
- Working with the Content Distribution Team to seed content to 3rd party sites and blogs.
- Working with the Factory Video Team to source 3rd party video rights.
- Keen interest in women’s cycling and women’s cycling culture.
- An active interest in working with other content producers who cover UK women’s cycling.
- Fast, organised worker.
- Numbers-driven / highly analytical.
- Willing to learn and adapt in fast environment.
- Thrive on pressure in target-driven culture.
- Highly motivated.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Excellent written English with natural, informal, entertaining writing style.
- Good relationships with both industry leaders and ideally professional riders within UK women’s cycling.
- Good working knowledge of Wordpress or other CMS.
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite for both video and photography.
- Comfortable using Google analytics.
- Good knowledge of how the main social networks work and their insights.
- General awareness of web technologies.
- Understanding of SEO.
- Photography and/or filming +editing skills a distinct advantage.
- Competitive salary.
- On the job training.
- Opportunities for exciting work travel for editorial content.